Statistik Industri  September 14, 2008Posted by desrinda in Statistik Industri.
EVENT = subset of sample space
PERMUTATION = an arrangement of all or part of a set of n objects
e.g. Three letters: a, b, c. Number of permutation = 3! = 3 x 2 x 1 = 6 (abc, acb,bac, bca, cab, cba).
COMBINATION = selecting r objects from n without regard to order
C (n, r) = n!
[r! * (n-r)!]
PROBABILITY = P(A)
0 < P(A) < 1
P(A) = n
DISCRETE PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTIONS
=> displayed on bar charts, can be solved using binomial tables (can be found in Statistics for Managers).
– Fixed number of observation (repeated trials)
– Each result is classified as “success” and “failure”
– Constant probability for each observation
– Repeated trials are independent (there’s no effect between results).
Applied formulae: COMBINATION.
e.g. ten light buls taken from each shipment which is classified as “accepted” or “rejected”.
– Results are depended on previous observation.
– The number of outcomes occurring in one time interval or specified region is independent of the number that occurs in any other disjoint time interval or region of space.
Reference: Statistics for Managers Using Microsoft Excel, 4e, Prentice-Hall (2004)