Analisa Multivariat  September 11, 2009Posted by desrinda in Analisa Multivariat.
Types of multivariate techniques:
1. Dependence Techniques
2. Interdependence Techniques
= a variable or set of variables is identified as the dependent variable to be predicted or explained by other variables known as independent variables
• Multiple Regression
• Multiple Discriminant Analysis
• Logit/Logistic Regression
• Multivariate Analysis of Variance (MANOVA) and Covariance
• Conjoint Analysis
• Canonical Correlation
• Structural Equations Modeling (SEM)
= involve the simultaneous analysis of all variables in the set, without distinction between dependent variables and independent variables
• Principal Components and Common Factor Analysis
• Cluster Analysis
• Multidimensional Scaling (perceptual mapping)
• Correspondence Analysis
SELECTING A MULTIVARIATE TECHNIQUE
1. What type of relationship is being examined – dependence or interdependence?
2. Dependence relationship: How many variables are being predicted?
3. Interdependence relationship: Are you examining relationships between variables, respondents, or objects?